Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Books I am Currently Referencing

1. The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had
     This book is the one that helped me work up the courage to actually begin reading Don Quixote. And it serves as a guide in the process as well.

2. The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home
    This book is providing me with a better understanding of what a well grounded education should look like.  My prayer is that God would allow me to understand educational principles better and influence students of all ages to make God the glorious end of their pursuit of knowledge.

3. French or Foe?: Getting the Most Out of Visiting, Living and Working in France
    France is just around the corner for us.  The first thing I learned from this book was that when I show up in France, I need to be careful to NOT SMILE :)  So, I am starting to practice.  Just kidding. That is completely unacceptable in the US.  Cultural differences are so interesting.  This book claims that the French assume those who smile at strangers are either flirting or lying.

What are you referencing these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment