I have been a decade-long Bible Works user, and I am very thankful for and helped by it. What I love about BW is the immediate results you get in a search, and the fact that I generally like its layout, options, etc. But here are a few recent critiques I have of the software, in no particular order (yes, I am considering changing programs):
Disclaimer, though, I have BW 7 and not the most recent version of 8. Version 8 has the added bonus of having access to more original texts, which I would find incredibly helpful for text critical work.
My lament is: Why can't we get all the good things from BW-Accordance-Logos in one software? That is, one reasonably-priced program that has:
- Peshitta texts not available, although they used to be in BW (I still have not resolved this issue, if it is a glitch).
- Grammatical search function (for doing complicated searches, I mean) much less intuitive than Accordance's.
- Not many searchable resources available in BW, far fewer for sure than with Logos.
Disclaimer, though, I have BW 7 and not the most recent version of 8. Version 8 has the added bonus of having access to more original texts, which I would find incredibly helpful for text critical work.
My lament is: Why can't we get all the good things from BW-Accordance-Logos in one software? That is, one reasonably-priced program that has:
- the number of resources available in Logos
- the intuitive grammatical search function in Accordance
- and the quick results in Bible Works
No comments:
Post a Comment