Friday, April 23, 2010

Sea of Blue: Texas Bluebonnets

Thanks to Lady Bird Johnson's initiative in seeding wildflowers along Texas' highways, we have been enjoying the peak of the Texas bluebonnet season! These are near I-20 in Dallas.
The Texas bluebonnet in Texas:
  • State flower
  • Perfectly legal to pick
  • But not legal to stop on the highway (to pick - we see people every Sunday doing this!)
  • Popular TX pastime to take annual family photos among them, often in the same spot
To our TX friends and family (or flower lovers anywhere): What are your bluebonnet stories?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Texas bluebonnets and wildflowers! I lived outside of Austin two years. These wildflowers are probably one of the main things I miss about the place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pleasure. We love them too, but we have to dodge the pile-up of cars alongside the highways! Lovely, but dangerous!

    ReplyDelete